We have one mouth and two ears, but THOUSANDS of ways in which we can communicate with one another--most of which will get us into hot water!
Conflicts are a fact of life! You WILL have conflicts in virtually every relationship you encounter from long-term friendships and marriages to business acquaintances and even day-to-day encounters. It is UNAVOIDABLE and running away from them is NOT the answer! You can learn to stand up for your rights and beliefs, yet do so in a way that preserves your relationships and your integrity as a Christian.
Here's why modern society needs more conflict resolution skills: Technology now allows us to communicate with anyone anywhere at any time, but communication technology doesn't equal communication skill. The easier it is for us to connect (via email, text, social media, Skype, etc) the more difficult it is for us to make our meaning clear.
* Most people don't use full sentences or even full words when they text.
* Emojis don't take the place of eye contact, body language, tone of voice, etc.
* Social media enables us to communicate across the world, but we don't always understand other cultures or ideologies enough to communicate effectively.
* Many husbands and wives are now working outside the home with little time together.
* Children are bombarded with messages and parents struggle to take the time to train their children in the way they should go.
* Generational gaps are even wider now that technology has produced a new way of communicating that didn't exist years ago.
All of these things add up to misunderstandings, miscommunication, conflicts and arguments.
Below are several courses that will equip you to handle conflicts of various types and in different situations. Learn some simple, yet powerfully effective techniques to help you avoid, reduce and resolve conflicts with your children, as a consumer, debating social and political issues, sharing your ideas in a more godly way, and general conflicts you encounter with your spouse, neighbors, coworkers and friends.
"Your studies are excellent for kids and adults alike and I’m very pleased I purchased them. They are going to help all my kids in school AND me in my business, JoJo. I would recommend them to everyone who needs help with their communication skills.” -Carla
Don't wait until your relationship with a friend, family member, or coworker is damaged beyond repair. Check out all the ways in which Art of Eloquence can help you handle conflicts with boldness and grace. Click on the links below for details on each course and to read through the free sample lessons.