I have never understood why the very same people who don't believe communication skills are important enough to study are the ones who complain about or get offended by others.
Those who don't feel the need to be careful about what they say or how they say it are the very same individuals who become irate at the audacity of others to say X or do Y. The ones who believe they have the right to speak their mind any way they feel like it are the very ones who are aggravated and offended by a Facebook friend who posted her beliefs.
Isn't it a bit hypocritical to expect others to choose their words carefully while you profess your right to free speech without saying it in grace? It kind of reminded me of the comedy routine about being a Redneck. So here, for your giggling pleasure, is You Might Be a Communication Fool If:
* If you believe others have a responsibility to think before they speak, but you can be rude because "it's just how I feel"...you might be a communication fool.
* If you scour the internet for things to get upset about...you might be a communication fool.
* If you get offended when someone doesn't include you in something after you've offended them with your insensitive comment or judgmental remark...you might be a communication fool.
* If you tell someone off and can't figure out why they don't want to listen to you...you might be a communication fool.
* If you get offended because someone else got offended because you used an offensive term...you might be a communication fool.
* And you just knew I had to add this one...If you don't use Art of Eloquence studies...so you can learn to communicate effectively in a fun and engaging way...You might be a communication fool!
Don't be a communication fool! Check out all the materials Art of Eloquence provides to help your family!
Got any others? Share them here!