Have you subscribed to Communication FUNdamentals’ RSS Feed? Don’t miss a post!
Continuing with Sounds of Silence Week here on Communication FUNdamentals. Monday, I talked about when we need to keep silent. Today I’m going to talk about how we can actually accomplish this. It’s harder than you might think. Here are some tips to help you keep silent when you are tempted to open yer kisser…
* Imagine yourself in your listener’s place
* Ask yourself if you have all the facts
* Reflect back to see if there is any way you might be mistaken about someone’s intent to hurt you
* Is what you’re about to say godly?
* Is what you’re about to say constructive?
* Is what you’re about to say helpful?…to someone other than you?
* Is there anything you could be misinterpreting?
* Are you jumping to conclusions?
* Is the only purpose for your communication to show off?
* Will you be hurting anyone if you speak?
Silence is Golden. The sounds of silence are precious and can save a relationship. The act of silence isn’t as difficult to achieve as you might think if you just use some of these tips.
*SUBSCRIBE HERE*: For Even More Communication Fun, FREE Gifts and Exclusive Offers!